Date(s) - 09/02/2018 - 21/02/2018
3:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Videomapping workshop led by Blanca Regina at Ravensbourne University
‘Narrating Structures’ is an intensive workshop with Doctor Blanca Regina where we introduce projection mapping.
We will look at diverse techniques for the production of audiovisual projects in architectural spaces and objects and also its application in artistic and creative practice.
Total Students : 15
The 3-day workshop is presented in sections with hands-on practice.
Note : Bare in mind to register to all the sessions. You cannot register to only one as all of them are interrelated. Only Ravensbourne PG students! Reserve here
1st Session >> February 9th, Friday – 15.30 to 19.30
– Introduction to the group and presentation of the mentor’s work in this field.
– Study of multiple videomapping projects.
– Learning multiple techniques and applying them using the different spaces and structures. Hands on practice.
– Introduction to MadMapper 3
2nd Session >> February 16th – 15.30 to 19.30
– Projection mapping on different surfaces. Hands on practice.
– Creating content and real time video techniques (I)
– Introduction to Mini Mad and DMX light control with MadMapper
3rd Session >> February 21st, Wednesday – 15.30 to 19.30
– Creating content and real time video techniques (II)
– Development and presentation of a specific group project. Hands on practice.
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
– Create various projections simultaneously
– Shape light into objects and spaces
– Project management and networking with local and international communities.
This workshop is for artists, designers, architects and anybody interested.
Supported by Modul8 & MadMapper
Bring your own computer.This workshop is oriented to Mac and PC users. A mac laptop with osx 10.7 is recommended. 10.6 is not supported.
You can bring also If you have, midi controller, projector, model/shape you want to map on, DMX controller (Artnet, Enttec or minimad)
Blanca Regina www.whiteemotion
Dr. Blanca Regina Pérez-Bustamante is an educator, artist, and curator, based in London.
She is involved in creating mixed media performances, installations, and film. She is currently teaching as lecturer of Events and Experience Design at the School of Fine Arts and Music at the University of Kent and developing a research project at Goldsmiths University.
Her research and practice encompass expanded cinema, free improvisation, moving image, photography and audiovisual performance. She has published various texts and conducted several workshops and talks internationally focusing on Audiovisual, New Media and Performance Art (Universidad de Puerto Rico, University of Canterbury, Goldsmiths University, Festival Internacional de Cine de las Palmas, La Creación Electrónica, La Casa Encendida) and she has presented several conferences with AVAcademy in Moscow and St. Petersburg (Russia).
She is also a curator. In 2012, with Steve Beresford, she started Strange Umbrellas, a platform for free improvised music and visual art and later Unpredictable Series. Her performances include collaborations with artists such as Leafcutter John, Steve Beresford and Matthias Kispert. Last works include Unpredictable, a film about musician and artist Terry Day.